Splish Splash I was taking a bath … Earlier in the week, I asked the amazing crew over on TeamTOMM which bathroom cleaning products they thought were the bomb!
There were hundreds of comments, I have gone through them all and here are the most popular ones by far! So if you are looking for some new bathroom cleaning products to add to your armoury then check these out!
VIAKAL is by FAR the most recommended product to get rid of limescale, shine the taps and keep those shower doors sparkly.
Method cleaners are also up there (either the Eucalyptus and mint bathroom cleaner or any of the antibacterial sprays)
Flash Bathroom Spray is also a winner – TeamTOMM (and me to be fair) think the smell is lush!
The MAGIC ERASER sponge needs a mention because of its powers to get marks off the bath. Got annoying toy marks from where the kids have been playing in the bath? Get the magic eraser out!
Harpic Power Plus for the loo – defo seems to be TeamTOMM’s fave!
Zolfora – For keeping the floors fresh!
And finally, Astonish Mould and Mildew/Dettol Mould and Mildew for … well the mould and Mildew 🤣
You have been asking me for ages to do a new morning routine video so here it is!
As today is Clean Sheet Tuesday I thought it would be fitting to talk about pillows!
On TOMM bed sheets get washed weekly but what about pillows? When was the was the last time you washed your pillows?
Pillows need washing at least every six months (more regularly if you live in a hot climate) and the good news is that it is actually really easy to do!
- Most pillows can be washed in the washing machine, but be sure to check the washing label as not all can be!
- If you have very delicate pillows it might be wise to wash them on the handwash cycle on your machine (as this will keep the spin cycle low)
- If you don’t have a handwash cycle then turn the spin speed down.
Here’s How To Wash Your Pillows:
- Make sure you follow the laundry care instructions to the letter!
- I usually wash two pillows at a time and dry two at a time. Being careful not to overload your machine. But at the same time, you want it to be balanced.
- When clean give them a really good thumping this will help them get back into their pillow like shape (this can be very good therapy if you are feeling a teensy bit stressed!)
- Now place them in the tumble dryer on a low setting. (I bung in a couple of clean tennis balls to help reshape them). If you fancy being posh you can buy tumble dryer balls like these!
Et voila! Clean Pillows!
Top tip for replacing pillows: Obviously pillows don’t live forever so a top tip is to fold them in half and if they spring back into shape they still have some life left in them!
(some links are affiliate links which means I will get a small commission if you click through and buy from them. There is no extra cost to you. If you don’t feel comfortable with using my link then please go ahead and open a separate browser and google the product for yourself ❤️)
Firstly a word to the people who are feeling sad about Father’s Day ❤️ If your dad is no longer with you or your kids’ dad is absent then Father’s Day can be a hard day of the year. I remember when I was a single mum and found Father’s Day really hard. So before we get started on the gift ideas, I just wanted to give you guys a virtual hug first❤️
Continue reading “Father’s Day Ideas! Thrifty but Thoughtful!”
I have made a massive career decision …. wish me luck … nervous as hell!
Happy Sunday everyone! Who’s meal planning for next week? Don’t forget it is Father’s day next Sunday in the UK (17th June) so you might want to pop a couple of extras bits into the shopping basket to save you having to run around like a headless chicken on Saturday!
I will be publishing my last minute gift guide for Father’s Day soon… so keep your eye open for that!
Here is what we will be eating next week!
Continue reading “Meal Plan: w/c 11th June”
I have three boys, they have all at one time or other (or all at the same if I’ve been unlucky) tried to sabotage my attempts to keep the house in order … here is how I cope.
Continue reading “Are Kids Sabotaging Your Cleaning?”
Here’s another cleaning video for you! (I know you LOVE them!) This time it is all about how I tackle my Wednesdays on The Organised Mum Method
Continue reading “How I do it: Hallway Day!”