This is another Jamie Oliver tweak … did I mention he taught me to cook? Well not personally of course but via his Ministry Food cookbook.
Sometimes you need a little twist on a Sunday roast and boy oh boy does this hit the spot. I always serve this with fluffy roast potatoes … AMAZING! It is so easy to do … the prep takes about 5 mins!
You will need:
- 4 duck legs
- 2 punnets of ripe plums
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp five spice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 star anise
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Let’s Cook it!
- Destone the plums and cut them in half.
- Add the plums and the rest of the ingredients apart from the duck legs into a deep oven proof dish (I use a lasagne dish)
- Give it all a good stir and then lay the duck legs on top.
- Sprinkle with some more five spice and salt.
- Roast in the oven at 170 degrees for just over 2 hours. Until the meat is falling off the bone and the skin is gorgeously crispy !