Another easy dairy free crowd pleaser here!
Really working the slow cooker this week! Its half term in the UK so we are here, there and everywhere with the kids – plus it is the middle boy’s birthday tomorrow – so we are also busy making his cake (watch this space for the blog on that!).
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts chopped into chunks
- 400g tin of pineapple chunks in syrup
- 140g tin of water chestnuts (drained)
- 500ml water
- 3 peppers sliced thinly (any colour combo will do!)
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp of tomato puree
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp lazy chilli
- 1 tsp lazy ginger
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
Let’s Cook It!
- Open the tin of pineapple and pour the juice only into the slow cooker (put the pineapple chunks into a bowl in the fridge to save for later)
- Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the water chestnuts, pineapple chunks and cornflour) to the slow cooker. Give it a good stir until everything is mixed together.
- Turn on low for 8 hours.
- When there is 30 minutes left add the pineapple chunks and the water chestnuts (adding them at the last minute will mean that they will retain their flavour and crunch!)
- Mix the cornflour with a small amount of cold water to form a paste and add to the slow cooker and stir – this will thicken the sauce.
- Serve with fluffy white rice.