Chicken and tarragon is such a classic pairing and this recipe makes a wonderfully warming dinner that takes no time at all to prep and can cook away whilst you are enjoying Sunday with your family! It goes brilliantly with dumplings or mustard mash or if you re looking to keep it light then pair it with some green veg!
You will need:
- Spray oil
- 4 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 400ml chicken stock
- 400ml cider
- Handful of fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml soy cream (or normal cream if you don’t need this to be dairy free)
Let’s Cook it!
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with 3 or 4 sprays of the oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the cream.
- Season well with the salt and pepper
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours, make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- If after the cooking time has finished the sauce looks a little thin, then you may want to thicken it up by stirring through some cornflour that has been mixed with a small amount of cold wanter to make a thick paste.
- Stir in the cream.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂